Special Covid-19 Policies and Operations
The safety of our customers, kids, and staff is our first priority. Due to the pandemic, we have put a number of temporary policies and operational practices in place. Please read below for more information and feel free to contact us to learn more about how we are #ReopeningResponsibly.
- We will be following the OHA guidelines for youth programs.
- In person adult and family workshops in the studio are temporarily on hold.
- Masks are required to be worn by all people in the studio at all times.
- The studio's West wall/garage door remains open for the duration of all classes so we can create an indoor/outdoor space that is highly ventilated. We use heaters as needed, though layered clothing is highly recommended for comfort.
- We will continue with the check-in/check-out procedures as dictated by the OHA, which for kids classes include: drive/bike/walk thru drop off/pick up (parents/caregivers remain outside), health/temperature check on arrival, and hand washing on arrival.
- Anyone who has had or has been exposed to someone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days, has had a fever within 72 hours, or has had a respiratory illness that started less than 10 days ago, cannot enter the studio per state guidelines.
- We practice physical distancing in the studio and each student has their own equipment & supplies to be used in class (provided by PCB). In rare instances equipment may be shared, and in those cases equipment is sanitized between uses.
- We sanitize all touch surfaces & equipment before and after each class.
- Unfortunately, due to small class size limits and restrictions around changing stable groups, I cannot accommodate any cancellation or change requests after a registration is complete. Summer Camp exception: If a cancellation request is made by June 14th and the space can be filled from our waitlist, we can refund your registration less a $60 transfer fee to cover our work time. Transfer requests to different camp weeks must be made at least 2 weeks before camp begins, are dependent on availability, and also incur an additional $60 transfer fee.
- While I cannot refund any amounts for missed classes or Summer Camps, I will provide make-up time during or after attended classes and/or supply kits with instructions to-go for missed projects so we can ensure everyone stays home from class if sick or exposed to anyone who is sick but still gets to participate in some way in all projects.
- We will be prepared to move to an online class format and provide at home supply kits should any OHA guidelines change that would impact in-person classes.
- All after school classes will be limited to 5-8 kids. Any class not meeting the enrollment minimum of 5 students 5 days before class begins will be cancelled and full refunds will be given to any registrants.
- We have limited our classes to sewing again this Fall to help keep things manageable during this time of reduced operations. Not sure if sewing is right for your kiddo? Not only is sewing a great life skill (for ALL- boys too!!!), it is incredibly empowering and teaches: patience, fine motor skills, resiliency, math, engineering and spatial concepts, environmental sustainability, creative concepts- and you end up with cool stuff! It is a fantastic activity to learn and experience.
- If sewing just isn't your jam, keep an eye out for news on future special classes or camps.
- If you have a credit from a cancelled Spring Break or Summer Camp in 2020, that amount will be available at registration check out for you to put toward any class or camp. Problem with a credit? Contact Leah@portlandcraftbar.com.
- Other options may be available, particularly if a class listed above is cancelled due to low enrollment. These include custom in-person classes for individual cohorts, in-person or online private/semi-private lessons, and/or custom online classes for private groups. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in any of these options.